Grace Place Learning Center is a non-profit childcare center seeking full time teachers. You must have a minimum of 1 year full time in a licensed center, or step 8 in Oregon Registry, or a degree in early Childhood. Teachers are responsible for providing a flexible, caring and loving environment for children in our center. We offer paid holidays and one week PTO per year. Pay dependent on qualifications. You must be available from 7 am to 6 pm. Monday to Friday. Please call Ashley at 503-687-1607 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Daily duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a current First Aid and CPR card as well as a Food Handler’s Certificate.
- Maintain continuing education.
- Create & submit daily lesson plans a week in advance to director that provide children with a variety of activities and experiences to choose from in the following categories: Creative expression through the arts; Dramatic Play; Gross motor development; Fine motor development; Music and movement; Opportunities to speak and listen; sensory play;
- Provide a balance of active and quiet, individual and group, and free choice activities by children.
- Provide opportunities to help each child develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Follow written daily program of activities.
- Conduct at least two developmental observations a year for each child.
- Guide and train the Teacher’s Aide in your class on center rules, and encourage them to be hands on.
- Maintain a positive relationship with and among students, parents, Center staff, church staff and church family.
- Supervise classroom activities
- Inform the director of any ill or injured child.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.